Its strawberry season in Ontario! Whether you’re visiting a pick-your-own farm or just picking them up at the supermarket, fresh strawberries are a treat we all enjoy. Why not treat yourself or surprise your family with one of these simple strawberry recipies today? Let me know which one is your favourite!
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Ready In 35 m
1 package cream cheese, softened
½ cup icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and cored
3 graham crackers, finely crushed
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries with paper towels, leaving the green caps and stems intact.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper, and set aside. Place the finely chopped peanuts in a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat the frosting in the microwave until warm and melted, 20 to 40 seconds. Hold each strawberry by the green top, and dip it straight down into the warm frosting, coating about 3/4 of the berry.
- Gently roll the dipped strawberry in chopped peanuts, and place on the lined baking sheet to set up. Serve as soon as they have set.
Easy Strawberry Upside Down Cake
Cook 50 m
Ready In 1 h 20 m
2 cups fresh strawberries, crushed
1 package strawberry flavoured jell-o
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 package yellow cake mix, prepared according to directions on box
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread crushed strawberries on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Evenly sprinkle strawberries with the dry gelatin powder, and top with mini marshmallows.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package, and pour on top of the marshmallows. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the pan to loosen the sides, and turn the cake out onto a serving tray. Store cake in the refrigerator.
Ten Minute Strawberry Refrigerator Jam
1 quart hulled fresh strawberries
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a food processor, process strawberries until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a large pot and stir in sugar and lemon juice. Cook over medium-high, stirring frequently, until jam is thickened and bubbles completely cover surface, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer jam to a jar and let cool to room temperature. (To store, seal jar and refrigerate, up to 10 days).