Markdale Hospital Update

From The Blog

7 December 2019

Here’s some news Grey Highlands residents have been waiting to hear…

Grey Bruce Health Services has submitted an application to Grey Highlands

for a building permit to construct the long-awaited new Markdale hospital!

GBHS is also working through the site plan process for the proposed $63-million facility and while the approval process could take some time, word is officials are cautiously optimistic that shovels could be in the ground by late 2020.  This is great news for the community as we’ve been waiting a long time to see some progress with the new hospital in Markdale.  The Provincial government announced it’s plans for a new build back in September 2015 and local plans stretch back more than 10 years.

Local fundraising efforts have been truly amazing, with over $11 million raised thus far and the province has committed to funding 90% of what it considers allowable construction costs.  That means the other 10% must be covered by the community through the Centre Grey Health Services Foundation, a group that continues to make great strides toward achieving this goal.

The new facility is expected to include a full scale Emergency Room as well as outpatient services and various other departments.

For more details, see the story in the Owen Sound Sun Times.


Interested In This Post?
Get In Touch With Us


Learn More

Browse More Posts Below