Quality of life is a term that has distinctly different connotations for different families. For some, leaving the convenience and vibrancy of city life would represent a sacrifice, while for others, trading city life for a more subdued lakeside lifestyle holds great appeal, enough to even consider a daily weekday commute for the pleasures of weekend activities and at-home peace and quiet. A growing number of young families and retirees have begun to embrace the idea that rural communities have advantages that outweigh their former urban neighborhoods.
Toronto-area residents who are interested in relocating to smaller communities have multiple options. Lake Eugenia cottages for sale can serve as weekend and summer retreats or may become year-round residences with a vast array of year-round amenities in addition to the recreational opportunities and seasonal attractions of waterfront properties.
However, no matter what your reasons might be for wanting to trade an urban neighborhood for a lakeside cottage, there are some points to consider before committing time and effort to a search for a new home in the woods or on the shore.\
Some questions you might want to ask include:
- Are there appropriate organizations, activities, and opportunities to satisfy family members during every season, or is the community primarily geared toward vacation living?
- What about schools, opportunities for higher education, and cultural activities and organizations?
- Are residents involved in community activities and in local government?
- Is there ample shopping and entertainment? Restaurants? Cultural programs?
- Is tourism a concern during certain seasons? How will summer — or winter– traffic affect living in the area?
- How do housing prices and services differ between the city and more rural areas?
- Finally, what are the pros and cons of waterfront property when compared to water view or off-water property?
If you’re considering a move to one of the more rural communities near Toronto, your best resource will be a real estate professional who specializes in properties outside of the urban core. If you’re entranced by an outdoor, informal lifestyle, the current availability of Lake Eugenia cottages for sale will be welcome news.
Situated less than two hours from Toronto, Lake Eugenia is Ontario’s primary four-season playground, with boating and water sports during the summer as well as ski areas and a full range of other winter sports during the winter. Whether you opt for a seasonal cottage with water frontage, a four-season retreat with lake views or a fulltime home in an adjacent small community, the proximity of the large inland lake is a definite advantage for anyone who loves outdoor activities, a relaxed lifestyle and spectacular surroundings.
Can I help you explore the variety of Lake Eugenia cottages for sale? Just contact me to schedule a consultation. I can help you relocate to communities adjacent to Lake Eugenia, or to small towns in Grey County and throughout the Beaver Valley, including Chatsworth, Durham, Dundalk, and Priceville. Each has its own personality, and I’ll help you find a community that fits your needs.